101 E Oak Street
Arcadia, FL 34266
The DeSoto County Courthouse is an historic redbrick courthouse building located at 115 East Oak Street in Arcadia, Florida. Designed by architects Bonfoey and Elliot of Tampa in the Classical Revival style, it was built in 1912-1913 by the Read-Parker Construction Company to serve as DeSoto County's third courthouse and the second one built in Arcadia. It was restored in 1976 and is a contributing property in the Arcadia Historic District.
In 1989, the DeSoto County Courthouse was listed in A Guide to Florida's Historic Architecture, published by the University of Florida Press.